- Content strategy planning session- Identify what’s coming up. Schedule campaigns
- Define Key messages – Define key messages for campaigns & events
- Use an editorial calendar – Can be as simple as a shared google doc or calendar
Weekly: Content Creation
- Batch content creation – Maximize time. Minimize mental gear shifts
- For Twitter, Schedule (or plan to add later) at least one post per day
- Using scheduling tools like Hootsuite – Tip: vary timing slightly and avoid :00 and :30
- Use analytics with your links – Insight, good. Dashboard obsession, bad.
Every Other Day
- Post to Facebook – Best frequency to get and keep likes
- Post to Twitter at least once a day - More is better and vary times slightly
- Best CTR: 8-9am, 2pm, 5pm, 3pm* – (test for yourself) Worst times: 1-7am, 10am-1pm, 6-7pm
- Best RTs: noon-4pm – (test for yourself) Worst times: Before 10am and after 7pm
- Space out your tweets – No more than 1 or 2/hr (excluding @replies) Buffer is a great tool for this.
- Post on the weekend – People are less busy which means greater click through rates but less RTs and shares
What would you add to this list?
Sponsored by: Leaders Book Summaries Leaders Book Summaries help you grow as a leader. Receive the best books for leaders in concise, easy-to-read summaries. Thirty times/year receive a 12-15 page complete summary and a 2-page Nutshell of each book.